Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Life is intruding on my plans!

     I'm back witih a short message. I have written chapter two of Ivy and Esther. I am interested in what is going on. Anybody besides me have to write the story to know what is going to happen?  Presidnet Lincoln has called for Union soldiers and they are passing through Wilkesville  on their was to the war.  Esther is going to sneak out and go see the troop trains. This is  going to cause all sorts of problems for both Esther and Ivy. I can hardly wait to see how it turns out.

I just read The Widow of the South which was excellent. I have recommended it to my book club ( the one at the library) and  maybe they will decide to read it. I want to recommend it to anybody who is reading this blog, too. It is a war story and a love story and human story and it is very well written.

It's hard to believe July is half over. I am starting to harvest from my garden. Still only one red tomato but they are going to come oon with a vengence in a few days.

My husband is doing okay. He ate a bit better today and didn't sleep all day long.  These are good signs.

I'll get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment