Thursday, November 19, 2009

Book signing in Columbus

Mary and I went to a quilt signing at Columbus S        Quild on Tuesday evening. Again it was fun. There was a lot of interest in the way we managed to write the book.  Most everybody agred with me that Sleimer was not a good last name for a love interest for one of Caroline's girls. I felt vindicated for saying, "We can't use that name. It's dreadful. 

We sold some books and met more great quilters. This guild has a man. Is he the cat who ate the canary in a bunch of women?  We went to dinner before the meeting and Rita bought my supper though she barely knows me. I love it. There was an H1N1 innoculation sight next door to the quilt meeting and the parking was brutal. Mary is a member of this guild and that makes things extra nice. Jan wasn't able to go with us becasue she was visiting family in Chicago. We missed her and I have to say sort of screwed up her part of the program. Sorry Jan.

We asked the guild members to vote on our potential titles. Well three of them. I couldn't remember one of them so we couldn't ask about it. Results were 9 votes for Star-crossed quilt, 3 votes for the Timeless Star and 1 vote for the Timeless Star. Some of the other suggestions were Star Everlasting, Magically Pieced Star, Threads of History, and Stars and pieces.  One quilter saud she didn't like any of the suggestions and thought we should keep working on it. The input really does help us decide.

Glory should be arriving from the printer in the next couple of weeks. I have a few pre-sales on my list and will be having a signing at the Always in Stitches Christmas Open House on Sunday December 6. I am excited about this.

We are having some problems with getting our second book on the page. We are to Chapter 19 and not sure what direction to go. We will try to resolve it soon and get moving again. Jan and I may start working on a quilting story that takes place during the Civil War soon. It is going to be really fun to write. I'll let you know when we get it started.

No comments:

Post a Comment