Friday, September 2, 2011

BLOGGING IS LIKE DIETING. I CAN'T SEEM TO STICK WITH IT

Both babies are born.  You have no idea how hard this is on the grandmother. Boith are perfect and beautiful. Evan Thomas Hannon and Tucker Allen Chaffin.  I am having trouble getting the names right.  The babies may have to learn to answer to either. They are perfect and wonderful and I love them both.

Kyleigh is five and has started to kindergarten. Oh she is a sweetheart and got a yellow mark already ( this is not good) Green is good. I asked her what she did and I could have guessed without one hint. Talking during rest time. I know that has always been against school rules, but she doesn't.

So I'm wrapping up the gardens.  We had a bumper squash crop and a half bushel of potatoes. Boy, are they good. This is our biggest potato crop so far. I am very pleased.  We haven't dug the sweet potatoes yet. That will be on the next trip to the farm.

My fiftieth class reunion was this summer. I had a great time. Some folks who have not showed up in the past came to this one. There must be something magic about the fiftieth. I seriously wonder where the time has gone.A blink of time has passed.  It is shocking. It is stunning. Pay attention and try tending to every minute. It gets away fast.

We have passed the one year anniversary of my husband's death. It has been much harder than I ever imgined it would be. It got worse the closer we got to the actual day he passed. I relived the past year and what was happening each day that time last year.

Seems like I have been behind all year and I'm hoping to catch up this next year. Wish me luck.

This blog is supposed to be abut the reading and writing that goes on in my life. Other stuff, too, but I'm trying to chronicle the experiences I have as I try writing things that  matter to me. I have decided not to publish BUYING THE FARM AND WHEN DUTY CALLS for sale.  I took them to Staples today to have copies made just for the family. We will take them to the farm and have them as part of our family history.

TIMELESS STAR is nearly ready to go to the printer. That will be a big day.  It is the second quilting novel and I think people are going to like it.  We have had some problems getting it to press but it really is coming soon.  We will be setting up signings at guild meeting around central Ohio like we did with Guild in the Granary.  We also have a new web site www://doubledpress.com where you can order the books that we have available for your reading pleasure.

I will try very hard to get back to you next week.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment