Monday, September 12, 2011

THE TROUBLE WITH WRITING
is that there are so many much easier things to do. I am finishing up my gardens.  Clearing them out and hopefully getting ready to be readier in the spring than I was this spring. I have only two more things I want to "put-up" this year. Apple butter, which my friend Patti is going to help me with, and Apple Jack which I have never done before.  Oh, I also have to dig sweet potatoes and onions.  My garden was better than last year but not spectacular yet. I am working on it.

My dear friend Darlene is out of the hospital and at her son's house recovering from the heart attack she had lastt week-end. Boy, I was afraid she was going to die, but she didn't thanks to The John McConnell Heart Hospital at Riverside. They truly saved her life and I am grateful.

My son is being deployed - eventually-to Afghanistan and he is leaving us this week.We all hate to see him go. Besides us, he is leaving a wife and seven week old baby here with us. We all will be fine and I will be glad when his deployment is over and he is home for good.

I couldn't watch all the 9-11 stuff on TV during the week end., I couldn't believe it when I saw it the first time. I am not yet ready to see it again. My son said he wanted to watch as  much of it as he could so it would all be fresh in his mind when he gets where he is going. The world is a strange and dicey place. My daughter and I are going to change  our eating habits while he is gone. We have a year to do it.

I will get serious about the writing when I get my head above the water that seems to be gaining on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment